Flush Toilet Invention
Toilets plays a significant role in day to day life. We spend almost three years in our life time in toilets.Today, We have sophisticated and clean sanitation in our life, But if we go to Fourth million BC,The sanitation's were very horrible to think also and many Peoples, Children's were died by improper sanitation. It makes the development of Privy. Made civilization in the flushing toilet era after 18th Century.We described about History of the first flushing toilets and Some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) are added.You can clear about flush toilet invented by reading this article
At classic Bronze age- A beginning of Privy
- A beginning of privy in the period of 4K B.C,The peoples used the toilet in out of the streets or in out of the village.
- After that Some rich people placed a hole in wooden stool and placed the chamber pots with sand under the chair. They throw out the wastes in the streets this makes Street full of dirt’s and don't have proper sewage it caused by Contamination diseases. Peoples were severely affected by this sanitation.
- After A certain period In France, Some changes happened that they kept a separated place i.e Privy consists of two rows with holes in a wood or stone, Below that the hole it is flushed out with river water and drained to drainage it was also contaminated with river water. So it is the main reason to develop lavatory.
At 15th Century- First Lavatory made
- Sir Jonn Harrington made the revolution in toilet world in the year of 1592, England.
- Actually, He was a poet and also involved in works with science technology.
- The Lavatory, i.e. the first flush toilet consisting of top the bowl is attached made of wooden Chamber pots or chair with a hole, Side of the bowl the cistern (water tank) is present by pressing down the lever the water from the tank is washed out and the remains are drained out by the leather sealed pipe to the underground pit.
- He made it for Queen Elizabeth also and it is named as Ajax.It consumes 30 Liters of water per flush. It was a closed loop and made from wood.
- But people used only chamber pot, Ajax did not develop because it consumes more water to flush and also had improper sewage disposal.
17th Century- Development of S & U type closet
- In the 17th century Alexander Cumming in the year 1775, London made the flushing toilet with S,U trap system.In order to keep some water in the drain pipe in order to prevent the odor smell when gas will form without the water in the drain pipe.
- And Joseph Brahmah, England developed out with more modern systems in flushing toilet by added of pipelines to drain out of wastewater, Sewer gas, Inlet water pipe, Cistern, Toilet seat made up of wooden etc.,
18th Century- Acceptance of Flush toilets
- In the 18th century Sir Thomas Crapper, London. He was the plumber and made some developments in flushing toilets i.e invented ball cock for flushing mechanism and a sewer gas pipeline. And Albert Gibilin,a worker in Thomas Crapper plumber shop made valve less silent water pipe.
- The 1000 Liters of water capacity tank were placed on the roof of the houses and the several pipelines are used to drain out the water and for sewer gas, etc.,
- In which Siphon jet cistern, Traps were made by Crapper.
- Closed loop of the pot chamber was made with a pull chain i.e lever to flush out the water.
- Associated with Thomas crapper and Twyford changes a sanitary ware toilet pottery chamber into tableware with made of porcelain with various shapes and design.
- The flush toilet with ceramic mold is manufactured by Thomas William Twyford .
- Villeroy & Boch were manufactured Porcelain ceramic sanitary ware products.
- John Randall Mann, America developed a three pipe siphon water closet (WC).
19th century- Ceramic flush toilet
- In the 19th century Neff and Frame’s from America made several designs of the bowl and Many Scientists were discovered to develop Erudite flush toilets with Accessories such as Flushometer, Cistern pipe, reverse trap toilet, Plastic Seat covers, Taps with separate Hot and cold water, Flush valve, Sewage tank to dispose,etc..,
- Each and every scholar's contribution in making several several accessories to reunite a civilized flush toilet to improve in good health condition, long life usage, Comfortable to use, etc.,
- Civilization and culture were properly increased, so the flushing toilets usages and maintenance was increased. And flush toilet was made of ceramic sanitary ware water closet.
You can see about more information about Water closet
20th Century- Modern flush toilet
- Now a day In most of the houses with proper sanitation i.e, Toilet usages are in rapid growth.The Toilet organisation of world level is formed in the year of 2001.The flush toilet is with using less water for flush and siphon jet flush with affordable cost, Elegant look.
- Now a days more technology used in glazing, produce with superior Quality, etc.,
- In this century, with fully automated flush toilets were made.
- Top Sanitary ware Organizations producing Topmost Aesthetic designs, Advanced technology with well equipped laboratory very Delightful, Evergreen products to the people.
- Some of the Branded flush Toilet companies are TOTO, Kohler, American Standard company, saniflo, Hindware, Cera,etc.
Find out the sanitaryware manufacturers in morbi here[/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]
Venkat Mani is a Ceramic Engineering Graduate from India, working in Sanitaryware production line for 10 years. He shares Meaningful content related to sanitaryware professionals that others find useful.